Sunday, March 13, 2011

Inspired By Grandma's


I prefer a dramatic blog - you know, one that shocks my 'fans' when it is updated (at least that's the excuse I'm currently using). Alas, I have been gently nudged by loving Grandma's and seriously threatened by my husband to "please post the snowman pictures as soon as you get a moment .... tonight". ;) This first picture shows what I am neglecting - not that I want to pick it up - it's just haunting me.


The amazing (now very melted) snow fort - secret tunnel and all.


The incredible snowman, who was originally sculpted out of cubes but redefined at the request of our 'princess'.



A recent picture of our almost 1 year old who is currently fighting some icky virus but still so so so sweet. We all completely adore him.


Finally, our talented children's Valentines boxes - they were so excited for their candy and ate it all right when they got home from school (and no one threw up). I feel like I need to explain why I allowed such indulgence. Grant gave me a Valentines card from his computer class that said, "I love you mom because you let me eat candy". Now ... really ... how could I deny that sweet (albeit manipulative) request.




5 comments:

Bridget said...

I love the dramatic pauses. And your kids are getting so grown-up! I hope that we'll see you soon and if you're ever in the Salt Lake area we'd love to see you all!

Amy said...

That is very possibly the coolest snowman I have ever seen. And the Valentine's boxes are awesome.

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Kate, look at you blogging! I am so proud! Don't worry, your mess will wait for you! ha ha! Thanks again for the fun night, fondue, clean sheets and comfy stay! Your the best!

Melynie said...

So nice to see you, it's been a long time! Love the snow fort, snowman, and Valentine's boxes. And, holy cow, your kids are getting so big!!! We miss you guys!

The Paske Family said...

Woot, Woot! Love your update. I seriously though Quinton was someone else's kid. He looks so grown up. What a cutie.