Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Princess Ella



Ella has been blessed with an enormous array of dress-up (or should I more appropriately say 'dress-over') clothes and accessories. She truly believes that she is a princess (also, Lava-girl and sometimes a puppy, kitty, horsie). She tells us stories everyday about her 'pretend' preschool. Grant is the teacher and everyone in our family gets to attend. For some time I thought that she actually believed she was going to preschool, but today she reassured me that it's, "just a pretend preschool, mommy". Just one more thing about my princess, she is always quoting Disney movies and want's me to play along. If I say it wrong she always corrects me. Her favorites are:
Ella says, "Are we there yet?" (from Incredibles)
my response, "We get there, when we get there."
(This one is repeated 10-15 times as we drive anywhere)
Ella says, "Buried Treasure, Mamma" (from Peter Pan)
my repsonse, "Thanks Ella, this is the last buried treasure of the night - go to bed"
(This one happens just before going to bed - every night, usually 2-3 times)
Ella says, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" (from Heffalump)
my response, "Cloud racing" (then we sometimes jump up in the air)

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

I loved this picture of Ella and to hear about her great imagination. :)

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Love her outfits... and the funny things she says!!