Monday, August 18, 2008

Scrapes and Bruises




We have learned that training wheel and quick turns equal pain. Our family decided to participate in a Memorial Day (I know I am way behind) 5k run. Somehow he got the idea that it was a race and took an early lead but when he tried to use his brakes to slow down for a turn, the bike did not and he hit a curb with his front tire, flipped over the bike and landed on his feet/bum in the middle of a rose bush patch. He immediately jumped up and said, "I'm alright". A few moments later (when he saw the damage as we were washing him off), he cried and told us how painful all the scrapes were. This is him later that day after soaking in the tub for a good while. Two of the thorns were too deep to dig out and seem to be making there way out on their own - by request of Grant. I keep asking him to 'let me get them'. What a brave little boy.

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

Thank you! Thank you Kate for updating. I love seeing whats going on with your little family. Poor Grant--I hope he is all better now.:)