Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ahh, Mountains again

We are HERE! Here, being, temporary housing in a cute little town that I will soon call home with new friends that I will soon find. We miss our St. Louis friends/family (Ella talks about Abby at least once a day). Grant loves his new school and informed me (on the first day) that he was the smartest one in his class and all the girls chase him at recess. I think he is adjusting quite well. Ella is struggling a bit - she seems to be out of her element and a little crazy. Dallin seems unaffected, although he does wander aimlessly looking for toys to play with. Paul is 'ramping up' with his new position. And I have become obsessed with trying to find our 'perfect little house ... in a good school district ... within a predetermined price range'. We went to dinner with Paul's boss last night (thanks to Bridget for watching our little monkeys late into the night). As we talked about Logan and Pauls new job, it sank in that we are here to stay and not just vacationing (which it seems while living in temporary housing). Life has calmed down a bit, but feels just as busy/stressful. I'm begining to wonder if that magical dream of just living and enjoying life is really ever going to happen. I keep saying ... "once we are in Logan" ... "once we sell our house" ... "once we find a house and close on it" ... "once we are moved in"... I'm pretty sure more ... "once we" s will sneak in. On that note, I will just pretend that we are not in chaos. Rather, I will make memories and really enjoy the "once we" s. Who knows, maybe even take pictures and post them for all you to see!!!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I've been thinking of you guys. Glad you made it safely. Keep us posted on all the fun!

Amy said...

So nice to hear from you. Hope you can be out of limbo soon and settled somewhere.

McDonald Crew said...

Ya thats one thing I really miss about the west, the mountains. Do alot of snowboarding for us! We should have givin you all of our gear we never use it out here. Good luck to you guys! Keep it touch!

Melynie said...

Hi Kate/moving buddy!! Glad to hear you're all safe and sound out in Utah. We miss you. Hope everything goes smoothly! Keep in touch.

Jess said...

Yes, please do post some pictures of those little kids of yours!

Laura F said...

I admit, we REALLY miss the mountains when we're in the midwest, and it makes me a little sad to think you're just getting here and we'll be leaving in the spring! When we drove back after the summer something about being in the mountains again once we got to colorado seemed so cozy. :-) Maybe again someday! Glad you made it!

Rachel & Jeramy said...

I so do not envy your chaos right now....I kind of know a little of what you are going through...I cannot imagine everything else you have had to do. All in all it will get better and it will be a vague memory....I cant wait to see you guys!!! I miss you and love you!!

Diane said...

It sounds like your riding the waves of life in style. Maybe, just maybe, life would be too boring if we didn't have the-- once we--. My own experience will tell you that some of lifes best come unplanned and on their own time table--difficult to manage when I myself am always needing a "time frame please" I am so glad you're closer to family and those mountains are Amazing!