Saturday, November 1, 2008

CHANGE

So, my goal is to update at least once a month. It just so happened that right when my month was up, we received some interesting news. (I'm sure most of my family and St. Louis friends already know.) I am officially announcing that ... we are MOVING. Where? Logan, UT When? Me and kids - Nov. 5th, Paul - Nov. 7th Why? New job with better pay and NO TRAVEL and closer to family.

With the incredible help of friends we have managed to put our house on the market (here's the link:

http://maris.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Gstl&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGUMENT=v7LdMsYD3XTIA29DUfAJFZgYoCVwwO8CmMPyfc4Coi4%3D&KeyRid=1&Include_Search_Criteria=

I spend each morning getting ready and making sure our house is in perfect selling condition. Then I spend the rest of the day finishing my never-ending list of things to do for this transition. I feel like I am on a crazy roller coaster right now - stress mixed with excitement, sadness, anxiety, frustration, hope, impatience, and relishing our final moments with friends in St. Louis. We barely managed to pull off carving pumpkins and Halloween. I keep thinking that once we are in Logan, I will only be focused on settling in and that seems a little less stressful (mostly because I won't be spending the good part of my day making sure my house is in 'perfect selling condition' - I was going to write "the good part of my morning" but decided on "the good part of my day" because it is something I get to do every moment of every day while we are here). Hallelujah for Paul's new job that is putting our whole family up in furnished housing for a few months. Now it is the day after Halloween and by the looks of it - I have a lot to do to get my house back into 'perfect selling condition' in addition to my 'never-ending list of things to do'.

8 comments:

Amy said...

We're gonna miss you guys...

Rachel & Jeramy said...

I am so excited that you will be closer to me!!! I do feel a bit of your pain though...We moved this weekend UGH!! I do not envy you though....Moving sucks! I love you and cant wait to see you!!

Rachel & Jeramy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura F said...

You know, you really should have posted this before I said on Amy's blog that we'd probably be moving back in May... now I can't decide whether to take this news personally or not! ;-) Just kidding. More pay and less travel is always a great thing that needs no further explanation!

audreywaldron said...

Yeah!! We are really excited to have you closer :) Let us know if you need any help settling in and what not, we would be happy to help!!

The Wrights said...

Good luck this week! You have a lot of people missing you guys already.

Allison said...

You are going to love Cache Valley! We will miss you but new adventures are always exciting. Especially when there's a pay raise. GOOD LUCK!!!

Diane said...

I get the "whole" moving thing--major transition for sure. The up side has to be that it's better for your little family. The up side for me is that you'll be much closer and I'll get to see you more often:) You'll miss all your good friends but now with Paul home more often and a little more $ you can visit St. Louis and catch up once in a while.