Thursday, November 15, 2007

I've been tagged

The Rules: Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post the player then tags six people and posts their names then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Have fun!

A few things that you may not know about me:

1. I have 2 boxes of 'very important papers' that I have been collecting since Ella was born. We moved here with one and have gathered another. One day I will file them and then when I need something it won't take me half and hour to find it!:)

2. I will wipe the kitchen counters before washing the dishes. I can ignore a sink full of dishes but crumbs on the counters drive me crazy.

3. When I was little, I had an underground fort. At night, I would dream of all the tunnels I was going to add (it even had elevators). I still create grand plans about once a week. My last few are 1. Freezing meals so I only have to cook one or two times a week - this includes typing all of my recipes into a nutrition program to ensure we are eating healthy and to help generate a shopping list; 2. Doing chores with my kids in the morning (I even have a list of kid-appropriate chores and a jar of mysterious kitchen chores to pick from; 3. Paying my children allowance based on chores and giving them some allowance just because they're kids (also dividing up their allowance into 5 different types of accounts); 4. The 'Mom Vacuum' - where I pick up after my kids and put it in my big brown bag; 5. Snacks after school; 6. Training for and running a half marathon; 7. Using a new and improved spreadsheet to track our finances - even assigning specific credit cards for certain purchases; 8. Labeling all the toys in our playroom with pictures and words so that friends and Daddy will know where to put things; 9. Having dinner in the Dining Room each night and each of us taking turns telling about 'How God has touched our lives that day' - I write it in a book; 10. 'Family clean-up time' - this is supposed to happen right after dinner, our whole family cleans the kitchen and picks up the main level - also, we crank the kid tunes and end up dancing at the end. Is there any wonder that I am failing at all of them?

4. I am an 'all or nothing' type of person. So, do you see the list up there? I can only do one at a time and that means I am constantly rotating between them all - never really finishing any. Unfortunately, I end up discouraged and find myself paralyzed to do anything.

5. I overplan to compensate for my airheadedness. I am naturally very forgetful. In fact, I earned the nickname 'dilly' from my sister Sara when I still lived at home. I can take an amazingly long time to do anything if nothing is pressing me.

6. I hate the wind, dirt under my nails, hair in my face, cold feet, cooking in a messy kitchen, whiny children, mailing anything, sweeping the floor, watching TV programs, feeling tired .... I love kisses on my cheek from my children, shoulder/neck massages from my husband, very melty chocolate, Fritz's Frozen Custard, beautiful days in nature, fresh clean sheets when I have just shaved, shopping, reading stories with my children, listening to a rainstorm at night (unless it comes with a tordado warning), talking to anyone about interesting topics, creating a new recipe, feeling the Spirit, having something exciting to look forward to.

I think I am supposed to tag 6 people, but from reading everyone else's blog, most people have already been tagged. So, I will tag those that I am certain have not: My mom, My Aunt Diane, and my Aunt Christina/Uncle John. Have fun!

4 comments:

audreywaldron said...

Yeah you did your tag!! It's so fun to read and learn more about you!!!!!I had no idea that you were forgetful?:) But it happens when we have kids for some reason I think our brains get rewired, at least mine did for sure!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's great to learn some of the quirky things about our friends and family when they get tagged :) Make sure that you let my mom know that she has been tagged!

Melissa and Chad said...

Hi Katie, I need your address, will you please email me! Thanks!
melissaww1980@yahoo.com

Jones Family said...

I loved your tag--very funny and interesting. :)